New Years Resolutions
Getting to it early this year, this is what I have listed so far. Some familiar old failures, some new ones waiting to be:
- Trickle down my alcohol intake until my birthday, then nothing from there until the end of May.
- Run (obviously). Bath Half-Marathon for Jessie May Trust, and the Edinburgh Marathon for St. Thomas Lupus Foundation.
- See fewer people.
- Take better care of my flat.
- Write something everyday. Even if it’s just this.
- Learn to meditate.
- Improve my concentration span.
- Finish: A full length play, a feature film, a TV pilot plus series outline.
- Go to: Barcelona, India, Lake District, See George.
- Read a book a month.
- Sleep sometimes.
Some of these are cheating (I will, for example, have a play done and will be going to India for my cousin’s wedding). Others I really should be doing anyway, like the book. I read a lot, just not novels, but I think that’ll help with my concentration. First up? Remove the albatross around my neck that is Cloud Atlas.
So far, I’ve read a whole nine pages.